West Chester Township, OH
West Chester Township is one of the thirteen townships of Butler County, Ohio, United States, located in the southeastern corner of the county. It is situated between Sharonville and Liberty Township, about 18 miles (29 km) north of Cincinnati, and is included in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area. Exits 19, 21 and 22 off Interstate 75 serve West Chester. It is the most populous township in Ohio, with a population at the 2010 census of 60,958.
The thirteenth and last in order of creation, it was erected from Liberty Township by the Butler County Commissioners on June 2, 1823, upon petitions from residents of the township. No boundaries were given in the resolution passed by the commissioners, but it originally contained 35 square miles (91 km2), just short of a full survey township. The new township was given the name “Union.” Because Union Township was familiarly known as West Chester [reference], plus the abundance of other townships in Ohio called Union, the name was changed to West Chester Township effective June 28, 2000, after being ratified by the township’s voters at the March 9 primary election. Many census and government records, including the 2000 census, refer to Union Township. Today, it is the only West Chester Township statewide.